Sunday, July 29, 2007

Heaven knows I'm miserable now




I'm currently in a dead-end committee trying to get a skatepark here in Ponca City. Today we (Megan and I) went to Kansas and I thought I'd stop in Ark City to see how wonderful this old piece of crap was holding up. This is so ridiculous I had to take some pictures. These are the kinds of things I have to bring up during every meeting I have with our group. Instead of just trying to get my point across with the actual city, I have to continuously state my case within "my own people". They bring up American Ramp Company (modular nightmare) every meeting and I'm telling them how much that stuff sucks and pushing for concrete.
Sorry to bring down the usual "good vibes" aspect of this page, but maybe someone from Ponca will see this? I did skate a sort of fun park in Winfield that I'll share with you tomorrow. It falls under the "everything is fun once" category, but they do have a fun mini ramp.


No comments: