Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sucky supreme

I feel corny about putting pics up of myself, but I don't really have anything else to do with them. Megan and I will be driving and I'll see something I want to skate or get some idea and she's always cool about stopping and letting me session. There's really nothing else for her to do, so she grabs the camera and shoots whatever is going down. This is an old spot in Stillwater that I always liked. The rails are all skate-proofed and they have a "no skateboarding" sign now, but this sounded fun and we were in and out.

It's funny when you're older and realize you'll never be more than mediocre at skating. I've never enjoyed skateboarding as much as I do at this point in my life. If you're happy and having fun, you're always ruling it, even if you totally suck. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to love that place. I think I have some old video of me and my friends skating there in the late 80s, early 90s. we used to grind the rail and then either pop back in or indy grab our boards and pull back in. we would even lipslide the top of the thing. All this with Ron Allen heavy boards because this was before the small wheel/ big pants syndrome of 91-93. Amazing...good spot. It's still fun to pop ollies over that thing..no complys...nose bonks...
my wheels are itchin'

later,
D